Saturday, January 31, 2009

Think

Hello fellow readers.
I was wondering today of why some people are so stupid. Maybe I have too much faith in my own common sense, and maybe I am a bit judgmental. Is it too mundane to have a good time without getting so inebriated that you have to have an ambulance come to pump the fluids from your stomach? Is it not puerile to get so angry about things to hurt someone to get what you want, or to start conflicts to execute mass genocide? When grown people act like children, either you eat so much candy then you get a stomachache, or your playmate has something you want to you hurt them to take it away. When will humankind start acting in a sensible way. I am not talking about immaturity or crassness, I am talking about common sense decisions and human decency.

“At least two thirds of our miseries spring from human stupidity, human malice and those great motivators and justifiers of malice and stupidity, idealism, dogmatism and proselytizing zeal on behalf of religious or political idols.”
-Aldous Huxley

No comments: